Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Happy Message for a Rough Day

I have been suffering from a building migraine all day long. It tends to happen when the barometric pressure changes, and it is just a fact I have to live with. So I choose to search for the things that are happy and positive when I feel like my head is about to explode. :) Like the fact that I have eight more school days until my spring break trip to Kansas. Yay!


So today I am going to focus again on one of my favorite topics.....love. When I decide to love someone, it is fierce, deep, and forever. I am not given to doing things halfway. I didn't date a lot and I don't have a lot of friends---mostly because I don't fool around and I don't waste time on relationships that are just going to be superficial.



So....when I heard the song "Soldier" by Gavin DeGraw the first time, I wanted to cry because it more or less sums up EVERYTHING about me. When I am your friend, I am willing to go to great lengths to "be there". That is really important for me. And the truth is, you need to let me be there; that is very fulfilling for me. The only thing I ask in return is that you be there for me too.

Here's the problem with me though. I have a really hard time asking people for what I want and need. I don't like to be an inconvenience or a bother, and I am so sensitive to that that I will try everything else before asking for help. This is why sometimes people think I can't handle "no". It really isn't that. The truth is that I hold it all back so long that by the time I finally find something important enough to ask about, it is SO important that if the person says no, it crushes me. Plus, I rarely tell anyone "no"....I haven't told my BFF no in the whole 11 years I have known her.

So I decided to give the sign language thing another go...even though I am pretty bad at it. I signed "Soldier" as a nod to the people I love....my family and friends. If I have ever been there when you needed me, then chances are I always will be.








No comments:

Post a Comment