Tuesday, December 10, 2013

If You Ever Thought You Were Crazy....

There have been days when I have thought I was losing my freaking mind. I'm sure that must happen to everyone. Right? Can I get an AMEN? Anyone..?

Today is not one of those days. I feel pretty much stone cold sane today. Then again, nothing has really happened to challenge my grip on reality either. :)

I promise you this, though. If you ARE having one of those days, all you have to do to remind yourself of how truly mentally competent you are is look up what either Kanye West or R. Kelly are saying on any given day. Today is no different.

Poor Yeezy. Bless his heart. He isn't selling out concerts right now and I bet that eats at him. But good grief. The nonsense that constantly spews forth from his piehole doesn't exactly draw people to him. :) First he said this about the president:

“Man, let me tell you something about George Bush and oil money and Obama and no money,” West said.
“People want to say Obama can’t make these moves or he’s not executing. That’s because he ain’t got those connections. Black people don’t have the same level of connections as Jewish people. Black people don’t have the same connection as oil people.”
West went on to say, “Can you guarantee that your daughter can get a job at this radio station? But if you own this radio station, you could guarantee that. That’s what I’m talking about.”

Ummmm...Jewish like who? George Bush? Since when is HE Jewish? Nevermind how stupid the comment is anyway even without that. Does he even listen to the words coming out of his own mouth?

Then he goes on to talk about how dangerous his life is....

 “This is like being a police officer or something … or like war or something.”
“You’re literally going out to do your job every day knowing that something could happen to you.”

So, being a rapper is like being a policeman? Really? Yeah, he might be right that people might be looking to gun him down.....maybe to stop his ridiculous mouth from running anymore. (That was a joke BTW...a tacky one). But I'm thinking that that isn't really the same as people putting their lives on the line to serve and protect. He sounds kinda like Tom Cruise saying that being an actor was like being a soldier at war in Afghanistan. (This isn't a video of THAT but if you want to see Tom being a nutbag, here's a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0  and here's a link of Jerry O'Connell making fun of Tom's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Zv3X_Hlck ) Do these guys REALLY have that sense of importance? How do people walk through life so delusional?

But then there is R. Kelly. Dear Lord in heaven.I think maybe he is mentally ill. He started talking about haters and then somehow managed to transition to talking about Breezy (that's Chris Brown if you haven't heard and aren't hip to the scene like I am...LOL) :

“I only feel sorry for weak people,” he told the Guardian’s G2 supplement. “And mostly what I’ve come to find is that the weak people are the ones that are the haters.
“The ones that’s talking about Chris Brown, or R. Kelly, or anybody that’s successful? I feel sorry for them, not Chris Brown, because he’s obviously one strong individual to be able to do what he’s done.”
”He got knocked down a little bit and he climbed up. You know, that sounds like Ali to me. That sounds like Martin Luther King to me.
“That sounds like a lot of the greats that have walked this earth. It even sounds a little bit like Jesus to me.”

Oh.My.God. I think in the course of one sentence, he compared Breezy the Abusive Ass Clown to Muhammad Ali, MLK, and ...drum roll please...JESUS. Really? I'm pretty sure Jesus told us to turn the other cheek....not to expect our girlfriend to turn the other cheek and let us keep beating her.

Celebrity gossip sites are a complete waste of time, but they are at least good for one thing. I promise you will walk away feeling SO much better about both your mental status AND your parenting skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment