Saturday, October 12, 2013

New Home, New Job, New Life

Military life. Exciting, right? Yeah, it is. Sometimes exciting good and sometimes exciting bad. Sometimes a little of both. I had not planned to start a blog documenting the adventure, but I have found myself without a job and wanting to share my thoughts on some things.

I love my life as an Army wife; I wouldn't know how to be anything else. My husband and I have been married for almost 21 years, and the army has been moving us around since December 1996. I've learned so much from each place we have lived and have looked forward to each move as a new adventure in our lives. I have never felt the desire to stop moving and put down roots anywhere...until our last duty station in Kansas.

Because I really loved  it in Kansas and had a great job in a super school, it was extremely hard to leave. Oh wait...did I also mention that my BFF lives there too and her husband retired there? Oh, and my daughter was VERY sad about the move. It was a rough summer.

When I got here, I had no job. It is a long long story because I thought I had a job, but it fell through because of complications with my certification. I spent all summer looking for a job, and two weeks after school started, I took a teaching job out of desperation....a job I knew wasn't going to be the right fit for me but I thought I could FORCE that square peg into the round hole. It just didn't happen. I was miserable and I left the job. This is probably the first time I have ever done anything that was right for ME but let other people down. It was extremely difficult for me to do that; I FINISH. I don't quit. I don't leave people hanging. I show up; I work hard; I MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

Now I am at loose ends. I'm not sure how to proceed. I don't know what God has in mind for my life. I feel like there is something big out there that I am supposed to be doing. I am supposed to be helping people. I'm trying to listen. I'm trying to hear that little voice inside that tells me when things are right and important. What I do know is this---I am not taking another job out of desperation. I am going to wait for the RIGHT job. This is pretty hard for the military spouse who has to change jobs every three years or so. I had the RIGHT job in Kansas, and it is hard to let go of that. It is hard to let go of being near my BFF; I miss her. I don't want to be here, and I have to let go of that too. I know this first post hasn't been the most upbeat, but that is not the plan for the future. I want to try to face the unknown with humor...and you guys are going to help me. :)

1 comment:

  1. You will find the right job or the right job will find you. You are too great of a person and God will find the right for you. Hang tough and keep smiling. Lisa Shanks

    ReplyDelete